Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm dreaming of a white....February!

Well hello February! So nice of you to not only bring beautiful white snow but also a perfect reason for the whole city of Abilene to shut down! On Monday night I warned all my friends of the treacherous winter storm that was coming... they all laughed. I told them I was making my way to the grocery store to load up on all the essentials for a perfect snow day...they all laughed! I guess I wasn't the only one that thought of this grand idea because the lines where down the aisle and they even ran out of shopping carts! Hahaha! Well of course I was right about the crazy weather that came and of course I was right about everyone wanting my awesome goodies!


This is how I greeted my roomies and besties (who live next door) as they walked in our house. Haha If they didn't know IT'S A SNOW DAY! This entitles me attempting to be domestic and make muffins and hot chocolate for everybody. The muffins ended up being miniature burnt bites, but the hot chocolate and whip cream was a hit!


Next we were all off to play in the snow! We didn't last long in the 14 degree weather but at least we made a cute little snowgirl!



Meet Penelope!


Griffith Girls! (Minus a couple)

I told you...a Winter Wonderland!



This is our side yard.
Thanks Lauren for modeling how deep the snow really was! Hahaha!

Look at those crazy icicles!


The sign says it all... I LOVE SNOWY DAYS!

Hope yall are staying warm and cozy!
They just announced that school is cancelled again tomorrow! Yippee!!
Maybe I should use this time to get some things done...or not! :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast!! I still just love snow and of course hot chocolate!! Loving the blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is so cute! love the pictures and lovelovelove snow days as well - the hot cocoa looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Nat! I'm so glad I am finally using it again!! :)

    Emma: Thank you so so much! Your blog is awesome...I love all the encouraging things you have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete