Sunday, February 13, 2011

LOVE


Well hello there!
Have you ever just had a moment where someone says something and it's either exactly the way you feel or it's exactly what you needed to hear? Well a couple of days ago I had one of those nail on the head kinda moments. What was it you ask?!

One of my friends Andy started a blog last week and I thought I would hop on over to see how it was going. Little did I know that the Lord had me look at his blog just at the right moment. The post was entitled Lovers love themselves.
I actually had to reread the title a couple times to make sure there wasn't a typo or something. Lovers love themeselves?Honestly I was a little confused but definitely intrigued. In this post he talked about the importance of first loving yourself and feeling the love that the Lord has for you before you can truly love anyone else. One thing that he said that really struck my heart was "Why would God create me and then tell me to try and be somebody else?"

Wow what a great reminder! So many times I get so wrapped up in trying to act and look like others that I don't even acknowledged how wonderfully made I truly am. God has made each one of us so uniquely and different. He doesn't want us to be anyone else. He want us to just simply be ourselves!
I know tomorrow is a day that is all about showing others how much you love them (which I love), BUT also take the time to tell yourself how much you..well.. love you. Know that you are so perfect in every way, shape and form! There is no one like..not even one!
You are SO loved!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here is Andy's post if you would like to read more! He's great!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely a great reminder to all of us!!! I love to read your blogs, Stace. You should do it more often. :) Love you, Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete